Press Release 2019 AGM Review(Shareholder Engagement) 2019.04.25
- Backed by the implementation of the stewardship code and the emergence of activist funds, institutional investors are actively engaging with investee firms.
- For shareholder engagement, institutional investors employ diverse channels including letters, shareholder proposals, and a proxy fight. These engagement activities are expected to increase in the coming months and years.
- The shareholder engagement waged by Elliot this proxy season and Hyundai Motor Group’s response showed a desirable direction of constructive shareholder engagement.
- Constructive shareholder engagements, if they continue, will contribute to the development of the local capital markets. In this light, ongoing constructive shareholder engagements should be encouraged.
* For a full article, please see the attachment.
- (190425) 2019 AGM Review_Shareholder Engagement(ENG).pdf